serves / makes 2
0 prep time
0 mins cooking time
Bircher Muesli was created over a century ago by Swiss doctor, Maximillian Bircher-Benner, as part of a healing therapy for his patients. The key to original Bircher Muesli is to soak it overnight to achieve a softer consistency. This improves the digestion and the absorption of this nutrient-dense muesli.
I’ve made this breakfast favourite suitable for me by using dairy free natural yoghurt and gluten free oats. It’s great for during the week as you can make it the night before for a hassle free start to the day. I used apple and blueberry but you can change this to anything you like.
- 1 apple, grated
- 100g gluten free oats
- 125ml apple juice
- 130g dairy free natural yoghurt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon of you choice of nuts
- 1 tablespoon sultanas
- 1 tablespoon blueberries
- Mix together the grated apple, oats, apple juice, yoghurt, cinnamon, nuts and sultanas
- Leave for an hour or preferably overnight in the fridge
- Serve topped with the blueberries