Hello everyone, welcome to my latest recipe for Easy Pumpkin Puree, perfect for seasonal baking. I usually always buy canned pumpkin to use in my autumn recipes but this year I thought I would have a go at making my own.
I used a small pumpkin from Tesco that was only 95p and managed to get a large jar of puree from it. I decided to cut my pumpkin in half and roast it in the oven. Saved on a lot of chopping and may pumpkin was perfectly cooked in 70 minutes.
I’m now thinking of new recipes to use my pumpkin puree in. The short list so far is:
- Pumpkin Spice Fudge (Gluten & Dairy Free)
- Spiced Pumpkin Chocolate Pudding (Gluten & Dairy Free)
- Pumpkin Spice Biscotti (Gluten & Dairy Free)
- Spiced Pumpkin French Toast (Gluten & Dairy Free)
Other Bits & Pieces
If you like this recipe for Gluten and Dairy Free Easy Pumpkin Puree then you might like to try one of my other recipes:
- Make you own dairy free whipped cream –> Whipped Cream (Gluten & Dairy Free)
- Try out your own salad dressing –> Easy Salad Dressing (Gluten & Dairy Free)
- Follow this simple recipe for chutney –> Tomato, Chilli and Red Onion Chutney
- If you miss Nutella try my chocolate hazelnut spread –> Chocolate and Hazelnut Spread (Gluten & Dairy Free)
More Recipes Please!
Like me, you may also cook for other members of the family that do not require special dietary requirements. I’ve recently started another website, Fiona Cooks, that captures all of those recipes. If you want to check it out then please click on the following link: http://fionacooks.com
Easy Pumpkin Puree (Gluten Free, Dairy Free)
Preheat the oven to 200 0C
Cut the pumpkin in half from stem to base and scoop out the pumpkin seeds
Wrap in tinfoil and place in the oven
Bake in the oven for 70 minutes
Drain away any liquid and scoop out the flesh of the pumpkin
Blend until smooth and pout into a jar
Allow to cool before sealing your jar