Looking for a new breakfast idea? Try out my latest recipe for Gluten Free and Dairy Free Red Pepper Houmous Toast. We all know that gluten free bread isn’t the best at times so I like to make sure it has some good toppings. I was looking for an alternative to crushed avocado and poached eggs. Houmous is a great option as it is naturally gluten and dairy free.
I made my own roasted red pepper houmous but you can buy it from the supermarket if you are short on time. The smokey flavour of the roasted peppers really compliments the runny poached egg. I’ve topped mine with some fresh chives and a few chilli flakes.
Other Other Breakfast Ideas
If you like this recipe for Gluten Free and Dairy Free Red Pepper Houmous Toast then you might like to try one of my other breakfast recipes:
- Try out a smoothie bowl with my Gluten and Dairy Free Chocolate Cashew Smoothie Bowl
- Go low carb with my recipe for Gluten and Dairy Free Mexican Sweet Potato Toasts
- Start the day with pancakes Gluten Free Vegan Banana Pancakes
- Try a firm favourite with Gluten and Dairy Free Poached Eggs with Chilli Lime Avocado
More Recipes Please!
Like me, you may also cook for other members of the family that do not require special dietary requirements. I’ve recently started another website, Fiona Cooks, that captures all of those recipes. If you want to check it out then please click on the following link: http://fionacooks.com
Red Pepper Houmous Toast (Gluten Free, Dairy Free)
Try out something new for breakfast today with my healthy Gluten and Dairy Free Red Pepper Houmous Toast recipe.
Toast the gluten free bread and spread with the houmous
Crack the eggs into a pan of simmering water and poach for 3 minutes
Place the poached eggs onto the toast and sprinkle with the chilli flakes and chives
* Check out my houmous recipe --> Gluten and Dairy Free Roasted Pepper Hummus