Hello everyone, welcome to my latest recipe for Gluten Free and Dairy Free Roasted Tomato and Smoked Bacon Risotto.
I’ve had the picture of this recipe in the rotating banner at the top of my newly designed website for a couple of weeks now. I’ve just noticed that I’ve never actually shared it as a recipe post before.
Risotto is one of my favourites – you can have a delicious meal on the table in under 30 minutes. You can also make it using standard items you already have in your fridge and store cupboard.
You can check out my other risotto recipes here:
- Gluten Free and Dairy Free Haddock and Chorizo Risotto
- Gluten Free and Dairy Free Prawn, Tomato & Lime Risotto
- Gluten Free and Dairy Free Caramelised Balsamic Onion Risotto
- Gluten Free and Dairy Free Smoked Trout & Lemon Risotto
Other Dinner Ideas
If you like this recipe for Gluten and Dairy Free Roasted Tomato and Smoked Bacon Risotto then you might like to try one of my other dinner recipes:
- Make a pasta bake with my Gluten Free and Dairy Free Chilli Beef Pasta
- Try out a risotto with Spiced Salmon Tacos (Gluten Free and Dairy Free)
- Have some fish with my Gluten Free and Dairy Free Homemade Fish Finger Buns
- Have a vegetarian option with my Gluten Free and Dairy Free Cheese & Tomato Potato Bake
More Recipes Please!
Like me, you also cook for other members of the family that do not require special dietary requirements. I’ve recently started another website, Fiona Cooks, that captures all of those recipes. If you want to check it out then please click on the following link: http://fionacooks.com
Roasted Tomato and Smoked Bacon Risotto (Gluten Free, Dairy Free)
Place the olive oil and garlic in a shallow pan over a medium heat
Stir in the bacon and onion and cook for 5 minutes
Stir in the risotto rice
Add the vegetable stock one ladle at a time stirring until the liquid is fully absorbed
Taste the rice to make sure it is properly cooked, add more liquid if required
Add a drizzle of olive oil to another shallow pan over a medium to high heat
Saute the tomatoes for 5 minutes or until roasted
Season the rice and stir in the chives and dairy free cheese
Divide the rice between two bowls and top with the roasted tomatoes