The two most common questions I get asked through the website are:
- Where can I get good gluten free bread?
- How do I make a dairy free hot chocolate?
I’m not sure I have the answer to either question but I have found solutions that work for me. When I have time I tend to make my own bread using a sourdough starter. Most of the time I buy my bread online from Wheat Free Bakery – I usually do a big order and put it in the freezer so I get the most out of the delivery charge.
Dairy free milk in hot drinks can also be tricky and it took me a while to get used to. I tend to drink soya milk and always heat it up before adding to a coffee so it doesn’t split. I have a milk steamer on my coffee machine and find that drinks like cappuccino and lattes work well with dairy free milk.
For dairy free hot chocolates I make my own chocolate syrup which I use as a base. It is really easy to make from a couple of ingredients and you don’t get any nasty powder bits left at the bottom of your drink.
Other Drinks Ideas
If you like this recipe for Gluten and Dairy Free Mocha then you might like to try one of my other drinks recipes:
- Treat yourself with my Gluten and Dairy Free Peppermint White Hot Chocolate
- Go traditional with my Mimosas
- Try out this vibrant Gluten and Dairy Free Strawberry Watermelon Smoothie
- Have fun with my Gluten and Dairy Free Raspberry Float
More Recipes Please!
Like me, you also cook for other members of the family that do not require special dietary requirements. I’ve recently started another website, Fiona Cooks, that captures all of those recipes. If you want to check it out then please click on the following link: http://fionacooks.com
Mocha (Gluten & Dairy Free)
Warm the dairy free milk in a small saucepan until it reaches boiling point
Turn down the heat and whisk in the hot chocolate syrup
Pour the espresso shot into your favourite cup and top with the hot chocolate milk
You can top with marshmallows, dairy free whipping cream and cocoa powder
* You can find a simple recipe for dairy free hot chocolate syrup here: Gluten and Dairy Free Hot Chocolate Syrup