serves / makes 2 waffles
10 prep time
10 mins cooking time
Hope you are all having a great week, I’m having an amazing time in Iceland. Yesterday I had the pleasure of going dog sledding with the most amazing huskies and today I went into a (dormant) volcano.
Before I went on holiday I went through a phase of making waffles. I tend to do that – not make them for a while and then eat them for a few weeks. I wanted to have a go at a simpler recipe for waffles and I think this recipe ticks the box. My previous waffle recipe had quite a few ingredients including dairy free yoghurt, this one has less ingredients and you can also use this to make pancakes if you don’t have a waffle iron.
- 1 egg
- 125ml dairy free milk
- 20g dairy free spread, melted
- 70g gluten free plain flour
- 2 teaspoons caster sugar
- Beat together the egg, dairy free spread and milk
- Whisk in the flour and caster sugar
- Pour batter into a pre heated waffle iron and cook for 5 minutes or until golden brown
- Alternatively you can use this mix to make pancakes
- I topped my pancakes with coconut cream and raspberry goji berry jam, both recipes are on my website