serves / makes 1
0 prep time
0 mins cooking time
Hope you are all having a great weekend. I’m actually at home this weekend which is a bit of a novelty as it hasn’t happened for quite a long time! We went to the Surgeon’s Halls in Edinburgh yesterday – the site of all the specimens in the jars was definitely not enough to put me off my gluten and dairy free Thai lunch or a cheeky little visit to the Fudge Kitchen to pick up a slice or two of their dairy free fudge.
I’ve also got a new blender so watch out for some recipes coming soon using that as I just want to blend everything just now!
Today’s recipe is for chia seed pudding – this seems to be everywhere at the moment so I thought I better get on board and try it out. It is a great start to the day and you can easily prepare this in 5 minutes the night before.
- 125ml dairy free milk, I used almond milk
- 60g dairy free natural yoghurt, I used coconut yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- juice and zest of half a lime
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- chopped fruit to decorate, I used pineapple, peach, strawberry and melon
- Mix together the milk, yoghurt, lime juice and zest and maple syrup
- Stir in the chia seeds
- Leave in the fridge for a couple of hours or overnight
- Top with your choice of fruit