serves / makes 8
60 prep time
60 mins cooking time
It’s been another busy week, I’ve managed to tear my bicep, in my right arm of course! My surgeon tells me it is an injury common in weight lifters, unfortunately my EDS has meant the only weight I lifted to tear my bicep was the blooming vacuum cleaner! I really need to think of a better story to tell people when they ask what is wrong with my arm.
Anyway, enough self pity from me! I have friends staying for a few days so I decided to make gluten and dairy free cheesecake for everyone to enjoy for pudding. I had originally planned to make a banana and peanut butter cheesecake but the bananas weren’t ripe enough so I went with strawberry and chocolate, another winning combination.
Only one day left until the our visit to the Allergy and Free From Show in Glasgow, expect a post with lots of pictures and talk of what I ate/bought/sampled.
Enjoy your day!
For the base:
- 100g dairy free spread, melted
- 200g gluten free digestive biscuits
For the filling:
- 100g dairy free dark chocolate, melted
- 450g dairy free cream cheese
- 200g caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons dairy free cocoa powder
- 2 eggs, separated
For the topping:
- 200g strawberries, halved
- 2 tablespoons dairy free chocolate sauce, I used ChocShot
- 1 tablespoon dairy free chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 150 oC
- Grease a 9″ round springform tin
- Crush the biscuits into fine crumbs and pour in the melted butter
- Press into the base of the tin
- Bake for 15 minutes
- Stir together the melted chocolate, cream cheese, caster sugar, cocoa powder and egg yolks
- In a separate bowl whisk the egg whites until they form stiff peaks
- Carefully stir the egg whites into the chocolate mix
- Pour over the biscuit base and bake for 50 minutes
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool
- Chill in the fridge for a couple of hours or overnight, if possible
- Top with the halved strawberries, chocolate sauce and chocolate chips