serves / makes 4 people
8 prep time
8 mins cooking time
Who said fish fingers were just for kids? This version uses salmon rather than the traditional cod and polenta crumbs rather than breadcrumbs to make them gluten free.
Kids and adults will love them. I served mine with my Lemon and Chilli stir fry sauce recipe poured over some sweet potato and buckwheat noodles.
- 500g salmon fillets, skin removed
- 1 egg, beaten
- 4 tablespoons polenta
- salt and pepper, for seasoning
- olive oil, for shallow frying
- Cut the salmon into 12 even sized finger shapes
- Place the beaten egg in a shallow bowl and season with salt and pepper
- Place the polenta on a dinner plate, season with salt and pepper and spread out flat
- Dip the fish in the egg and then roll in the polenta
- Shallow fry the fish fingers in a large frying pan for 3-4 minutes each side over a medium to high heat