serves / makes 1
30 prep time
30 mins cooking time
I tried to make rice pudding when I was first diagnosed and it was a bit of a disaster. I always wanted to give it another go and decided to try making a quick version in a pan rather than an oven baked version. The ingredients make one bowl of rice pudding so you can scale the recipe up based on how many people you are cooking for.
You can top with anything you like, I had mine with mango and cinnamon.
- 300ml dairy free milk
- 40g pudding rice
- 2 teaspoons caster sugar
- pinch of nutmeg
- Place the dairy free milk and the rice in a small saucepan and bring to the boil
- Simmer for 25 minutes stirring occasionally to ensure the rice doesn’t stick to the bottom
- Stir in the sugar and nutmeg
- Cook for another couple of minutes until it reaches the thickness that’s right for you
- Serve with the toppings of your choice, in the photos I used mango and cinnamon