serves / makes 4
25 prep time
25 mins cooking time
I decided to have a go at making fishcakes but replacing the potato with quinoa.
Quinoa is a good source of dietary fibre and phosphorus and is high in magnesium and iron. It is a source of calcium making it useful for people avoiding dairy products. It is also naturally gluten-free and considered easy to digest.
- 275ml boiling water
- 175g quinoa
- 250g smoked haddock
- 2 eggs
- 120g gluten free breadcrumbs
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper for seasoning
- polenta for coating the fishcakes
- Place the boiling water and quinoa in a medium sized pan and simmer with the lid on for 15 minutes.
- Microwave the smoked haddock for 2 minutes and flake into small pieces with a fork
- Gently sauce the onion for a couple of minutes until it is soft but not browned
- In a large bowl combine the quinoa, haddock, eggs, breadcrumbs, onion, oregano, basil, lemon juice and seasoning
- She into individual fishcakes and then coat in polenta
- In a large frying pan heat a little olive oil and cook the fishcakes for about 4 minutes on each side