serves / makes 8
30 prep time
30 mins cooking time
I’ve had a really busy last couple of weeks, I’ve been away the last two weekends and whilst that is fabulous fun it means I’ve been chasing my tail a bit during the week catching up on things. This morning I’ve enjoyed just getting up and making my granola, photographing it in the natural light and posting it straight on the website.
I’m absolutely craving the light nights to come, my photos for the website always look rubbish and orange when I photograph during the week but sometimes I have no choice if I’m not about at the weekend – so roll on the light nights and better photographs.
My book about gluten and dairy free cake is also starting to take shape, I’ve picked the 50 cakes I want to develop recipes for, have split them into chapters such a Fabulously Fruity, Magical Muffins etc. So far I have finished the recipes and photographs for a flourless chocolate cake, peppermint slices, banana choc chip muffins and raspberry and white chocolate blondies. I’ll keep you posted on the progress of the book.
This recipe is back to one of my favourite breakfast treats – the humble granola, this time I’ve made a peanut chocolate chip version. I’ve served it with a little dairy free coconut yoghurt and some cherries. If you can’t have peanuts then try making this with a free nut butter and omit the peanuts.
Have a great weekend guys no matter what you are up to.
- 240g gluten free oats
- 80g peanuts
- 135g peanut butter, crunchy or smooth
- 65g coconut oil
- 120ml honey
- 60g dairy free chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 150 oC
- Place the honey and coconut oil in a small saucepan
- Heat gently until melted
- Stir in the peanut butter and cook until smooth and well combined
- In a large bowl place the oats and peanuts and mix together
- Stir in the melted ingredients from the saucepan and mix until all the oats are well covered
- Spread out on two lined baking sheets
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes stirring every 10 minutes
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool
- Stir in the chocolate chips