serves / makes 2
0 prep time
0 mins cooking time
Love them or hate them I’m a big fan of Starbucks and can only commend how great my local Starbucks has been at making sure I always have a gluten and dairy free drink. I’ve probably had a dairy free tailored version of most things on the menu, maybe this highlights I’m in there far too much, I don’t know!
Anyway as I don’t live in town anymore I don’t have one in easy reach for those weekend mornings so when I got up today I felt inspired to try and make my own version of the dairy free mocha frappucino I so enjoyed yesterday lunchtime.
I’ve used ChocShot which is a great dairy free liquid chocolate I use for everything – hot chocolate, on ice-cream, in coffee, on cake you get the idea! I added this to espresso and used a dairy free chocolate milk, I used the Alpro soya chocolate milk but Rice Dream also make a nice dairy free chocolate milk. Blended up with some ice and topped with a little extra drizzle of ChocShot this tastes pretty good.
- 250ml dairy free chocolate milk
- 1 tablespoon ChocShot (a dairy free chocolate syrup, see photo below)
- 2 espresso shots or 3 teaspoons of instant coffee dissolved in 2 tablespoons boiling water
- one cup of ice
- Place all the ingredients in a blender and blitz until smooth
- Pour into a cup and top with a little extra drizzle of ChocShot