serves / makes 8 pancakes
5 prep time
5 mins cooking time
I woke up this morning and really wanted pancakes for breakfast, you all no the feeling. Unfortunately I only had a tiny bit of that expensive dairy free milk left so I took on the challenge to have a go at making pancakes without milk. I also thought I would try omitting the eggs as I no a lot of you can’t them either.
If I must say so myself I was surprised with the results, I wouldn’t have known these didn’t have milk and eggs.
Hope you all enjoy them!
- 240g gluten free plain flour
- 40g caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 35g dairy free spread, melted
- 250ml water
- 30ml of additional water or an egg if you can eat them
- whatever toppings you wish, I used cinnamon, dairy free chocolate chips and carob sauce
- Mix together the melted butter and water (and egg if using)
- Mix in the flour, caster sugar and baking powder
- To make per the picture, I added a handful of dairy free chocolate chips and a teaspoon of cinnamon
- Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a shallow pan over a medium heat
- Spoon on the pancake mix and cook until golden brown on each side
- Serve with dairy free carob sauce