serves / makes 2 waffles
5 prep time
5 mins cooking time
If you are looking for inspiration for a special Sunday brunch then try my recipe for gluten and dairy free lemon and blueberry waffles. Don’t worry if you don’t have a waffle iron you can use this recipe to make pancakes.
There has been a bit of excitement over the last couple of days as a little hedgehog has been living in the garden, I felt connected to him when I learnt they also had problems with dairy products!
I’m really trying to focus on my upcoming book – Cake, today I’ve been typing up recipes and doing a bit of photography. I made summer berry crumble slices and a dark chocolate and raspberry cake. I think I underestimated how long it would take me to develop, document and photograph 50 new gluten and dairy free cake recipes. I’ll keep you posted on when it will be made available through iTunes and Amazon.
- 1 egg
- 115ml dairy free milk
- 20g dairy free spread, melted
- 70g gluten free plain flour
- 2 teaspoons caster sugar
- juice of half a lemon
- zest of one lemon
- 2 tablespoons blueberries
- Beat together the egg, dairy free spread and milk
- Whisk in the flour and caster sugar
- Stir in the lemon juice and zest
- Gently fold through the blueberries
- Pour batter into a pre heated waffle iron and cook for 5 minutes or until golden brown
- Alternatively you can use this mix to make pancakes