serves / makes 2
15 prep time
15 mins cooking time
A dairy and gluten free take on traditional french toast. This can be made using shop bought dairy and gluten free bread (I use Fria bread) or it can be made using my recipe for Sandwich Bread.
My Tomato, Red Onion and Chilli chutney recipe is a great chutney to use in this dish.
A sweet cinnamon and summer fruit version of this recipe is also included on the website if you have prefer a sweet treat for breakfast.
- 2 gluten and dairy free sausages
- 4 slices of gluten and dairy free bread
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons of dairy free milk
- 1 tablespoon of tomato chutney
- salt and pepper for seasoning
- Grill the sausages for 12-15 minutes, until the skin is brown and crisp
- Beat the eggs and milk together and season with salt and pepper
- Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a frying pan over a medium heat
- Soak the bread in the egg mixture and cook in a pan for about 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown
- Transfer two pieces of the french toast to a plate and top with a sausage and a dollop of chutney