serves / makes 20 mini bars
2 prep time
2 mins cooking time
I miss chocolate bars when I fancy a little treat, unfortunately the vast majority of them contain dairy and sometimes gluten. I’ve started my own little mission to try and replicate some of my favourites using gluten and dairy free ingredients. My first effort is a little nod to the Bounty bar, rather than making it a full sized bar I’ve made little mini bites.
Think my next effort will be to try and make a gluten and dairy free Snickers bar, first I need to make a freefrom toffee and nougat!
- 250ml coconut milk
- 200g desiccated coconut
- 2 tablespoons icing sugar
- 200g dairy free dark chocolate
- Stir together the desiccated coconut, icing sugar and coconut milk
- Grease and line a traybake tin
- Press the desiccated coconut mix into the traybake tin
- Leave in the fridge to set for 30 minutes
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave
- Pour over the tip of the desiccated coconut and return to the fridge to set
- Remove from the tin and cut into mini bars