serves / makes 2
0 prep time
0 mins cooking time
Sometimes in life the super simple things turn out to be the best things – and this recipe is one of them. I’ve already got a few recipes on here for ice-cream that are great tasting recipes but they do take a little time to prepare. They also start with a custard style base which means people with an egg allergy can’t enjoy them.
This time I decided to use coconut milk, I’ve been experimenting a lot with it recently both in savoury and sweet recipes. I was really pleased with the creamy texture that it gave the ice-cream. I’ve flavoured mine with coffee because I’m a coffee addict – I’m one of those people that is quite often seen carrying around one of those giant take away cups from Starbucks.
If you don’t have an ice-cream maker then trying freezing this in a small tub for a couple of hours. I have an attachment for my Kenwood Chef mixer than comes with a bowl you put in the freezer and you change the whisk to an ice-cream paddle. It works really well but is definitely something I use in stops and starts, go ice-cream mad for a few weeks and then put it away for a couple of months. That being the case I would probably look out for a few more ice-cream recipes popping up on the website soon.
Enjoy your Sunday!
- 400ml coconut milk
- 2-4 shots of espresso (depends on your love of strong coffee)
- 2 tablespoons honey or agave
- 2 tablespoons dairy free chocolate chips
- Beat together the coconut milk, espresso shots and honey/agave
- Chill in the fridge for a couple of hours
- Stir in the chocolate chips
- Churn in an ice-cream maker for 20 minutes or freeze in a tub