serves / makes 2 small jars
15 prep time
15 mins cooking time
There is a lot of great chocolate products out there that are naturally gluten free but not dairy free. I’m sure you all know what hazelnut flavoured chocolate spread I’m missing now I can’t have dairy. So here is my replacement recipe!
- 75g hazelnuts
- 100g dairy free dark chocolate
- 15g dairy free spread
- 40g caster sugar
- 30ml boiling water
- 30g dried soya or almond milk powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Start by preparing the hazelnuts; bring a large pan of water to the boil and then add in the 2 teaspoons of baking powder and the hazelnuts. Boil for three minutes and then run each nut under the cold tap to remove the skins. Then roast the hazelnuts at 180 oC for 5 minutes. Remove from the oven and blitz in a food processor until the nuts form a smooth paste.
- In a small bowl place 30 mls of boiling water and stir in the dairy free spread until it has melted. Mix in the caster sugar and soya milk powder.
- Place this mixture in a saucepan with the chocolate and olive oil. Cook on a low heat until all the ingredients have melted and mixed into a smooth chocolate sauce.
- Add the chocolate sauce into the food processor with the hazelnut paste and 2 tablespoons of water. Blitz until well combined.
- Spoon into two small sterilised jars