serves / makes 400ml Caramel Sauce
40 prep time
40 mins cooking time
I’ve been trying to make a dairy free caramel sauce for a while now and have never been happy with the results. Thankfully I’ve got to the right mix of ingredients and can start using this dairy free caramel sauce in other recipes.
Now I have the caramel sauce I’ll upload some dairy and gluten recipes you can use it in; caramel shortcake, banoffee pie etc.
- 750ml dairy free milk (I used almond milk)
- 300g caster sugar
- 75g dairy free spread
- Place the caster sugar and dairy free milk into a large saucepan
- Put on a medium heat and bing to the boil
- Turn down the heat so the milk is bubbling gently
- Leave for 30-40 minutes stirring occasionally
- Once the milk has thickened and turned a golden colour stir in the dairy free spread
- Allow to cool and use as required