This is Shob:
He doesn’t bake but wanted to make this first cake. He also wanted to make it suitable for his gluten free work buddies so that’s when I decided to help out.
He followed a simple recipe and made a batch of gluten and dairy free chocolate orange brownies.
Now he has happy work buddies and he can proudly say he can bake a cake:
If you are in need of a little inspiration, do a Shob and try this simple gluten and dairy free chocolate orange brownie recipe:
- 115g dairy free chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 115g dairy free spread
- 3 eggs
- 200g light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract, optional
- 110g gluten free plain flour
- 30g gluten free self raising flour
- Line a 13 by 9 inch shallow baking tin with tinfoil leaving the edges over the tin so the brownie can be easily lifted out the pan
- Preheat the oven to 180 oC
- In a small pan or in the microwave, melt together the chocolate and the dairy free spread
- Leave aside to cool
- Beat together the eggs, sugar and vanilla extract
- Stir the chocolate mixture, orange zest, flour and xanthan gum
- Pour into the pan and bake in the centre of the oven for 30 minutes
- Leave in the pan to cool
- Carefully lift out the pan and slice into squares
Look out for further Baking with Shob features.